Sunday, April 6, 2014

4/6/14 Bipolar Hokkaido

So the weather here is ridiculous. It switches between spring and back to winter (with snow and everything) every other day so it's been funny. By the way when it gets warmer, do you think it would be a good idea to send my heavy winter stuff home? I could send it by boat and it wouldn't cost that much. I am also probably going to throw away a lot of my shirts and older clothes so I should have more room. It's not like I'm planning to buy tons of stuff, but I thought it might be easier. We'll see! I might not even transfer!

I'm so jealous you got to see conference already! I'm glad they talked about missionary work. Sounds like there were a lot of amazing talks. Maybe I'll get to hear it in English this time w (it's what Japanese people do instead of lol because the word for laugh is warau). We had Fast Sunday and it went pretty good. The deaf sister in the ward moved away so I don't have to do sign language anymore. It was kinda lonely, but I was glad that my hands were free to actually stand up and bear my testimony for the first time in a while. Sounds like the cousins had a fun time at conference as well!

Once again I'm the worst son and forgot my adapter. You will see the food eventually though. The only really interesting food we had this time around was the famous Bibai yakitori (barbecue chicken shishkebabs) Its famous because of the way they cook it and the fact that they only use the organs not the regular meat. It was pretty good, but regular yakitori is better. Nemuro's is still my favorite :)

Nishime E is from Ginowan in Okinawa. His house is right across from the famous Futenma American base. He doesn't really like running. When we went running, he rode a bike and followed us w. We weren't able to meet the person who new Andrus B or Ogasawara this week, but we'll keep trying! :) Japanese people work way too hard. We did however find a WAY cool guy named Gotou from Shibetsu who lived nearby though. He is about 20 and studying nursing, but has a lot of interest. He let us in his house when it was super cold, we had an awesome lesson, and he gave us potatoes from his family's farm.

Other wise the week goes like this.
Monday was a funny p-day. We spent all of our time making the zone's shepherd (newsletter). It was a lot more work than we thought printing out pics at the store, cutting em out etc. I was glad I had a mom who did scrapbooking even though I didn't really get any of those talents. We also headed to Asahikawa and spent the night. The next day we had a mini zone conference with two of the districts about improving yourself and not settling for average. It was pretty fun. After that I went on splits with one of the beans named Velasquez E. It was way fun and he is really chill. We saw a ton of cool miracles. I miss being a trainer!

Wednesday we came home and tried to visit a few members. We couldn't ride bikes yet and ended up walking a TON. Thursday we had DKK and Eikaiwa plus splits with Schoell E from Ebetsu again. (He is the 2 meter tall guy w) The weather that day was way crazy, but we made really good use of it. Saturday we stopped by Bibai and visited that NA Miura S we visit every other week. I feel like the more we teach her, the more her doctrine gets mixed up. I'm pretty sure she is listening to the Jehovah's witnesses (J dubs) as well and it's kinda tricky. We'll figure something out. We also stopped by Yamashita's house and he was doing good! He was happy to meet again so hopefully we'll be able to get back into teaching him. Still no job, but it's warmer so that's a big help. At night we went and ate that yakitori with Adachi Kaicho. We did some denwa dendo and shopping because we finished dinner early. Sunday was pretty much what I explained up top. And that's it! We are going somewhere with the Eikaiwa student again today so that should be cool!

The gospel is so great. PMG and the Book of Mormon are so great! I feel like there are times where I get tired of studying in general, but with prayer I have been able to learn so many new things despite having read them so many times before. Aoyagi E from the 70 is coming next transfer and committed us to read Alma and it's so great!!! I used to think Alma was just super long, but it is full of so many great missionary stories.

I love you and am grateful for your support and testimonies!
Aishiteimasu!

No comments:

Post a Comment