Tuesday, June 19, 2012

6/13/12 - First Day



Dear Family, My first day at the MTC went awesomely! My companion is Elder Harper and I actually was friends with his brother at USU. He is half-Japanese and really nice. I am actually understanding almost all the Japanese I've heard so far. I have met a lot of cool Elders and Sisters from all over the place. Some of them are really similar and some are different, but I know that we all have the same important purpose. The spirit is everywhere here. We sat in on some "mock teaching sessions" where everyone got to participate. My sensei is Brother Andrus and the other choros (elders) say that he is the coolest one. In my room there is one other companionship and they are really nice too. It's not as weird to be with a companion all the time as I thought it would be, especially since we both know why we are here and what we should be doing. The food is not bad at all. I didn't eat a lot today, but we'll see how I feel on other days. They have lots of fruits and veggies that are pretty good so that's awesome. Sorry that this letter is so haphazard, but it seems like a ton has happened already and it's hard to keep it organized. I'm feeling the spirit so strongly and I'm so grateful that my wonderful family and friends helped me get this far. Love, Elder Hutchinson (kanji below)

No comments:

Post a Comment